Around our house, musical instruments are well-loved. From toy drums and xylophones to make-shift pots & pans, we are constantly jamming and singing to something. We needed a few more noise makers, so I decided to make this rain stick! It was so simple to make, I wanted to share it with you. In fact, you probably already have all of the supplies.
What you will need:
Cardboard tube (like a paper towel roll, etc.)
Packing or duct tape
Beans, rice, or popcorn kernels
Hot glue gun
1) Cut the tube to your desired length. I used an old tube from a roll of wrapping paper, so it needed to be cut down.
2) Using packing tape or duct tape, cover one of the tube ends completely with tape. I used several layers so that it stay.
3) Fill the tube about halfway full of either beans, rice, or popcorn kernels.
4) Tape up the other end so the tube is completely closed.
5) Using decorative tape, cover wrap the tube until all of it is covered.
6) Cut two equal sized pieces of felt to wrap over each of the ends.
7) Use a hot glue gun to adhere the felt.
8) Take a rubber band and wrap it around each end, on top of the felt.
9) Cover with decorative ribbon